Research and a link to the Alberta Education Website will enhance understanding of the design and history of the initiative.
All files are in pdf
- Beyond the Carnegie Unit
- Classroom Assessment: Minute by Minute, Day by Day
- The Conditions Necessary for a School Leader to Successfully Implement an Initiative
- High School Flexibility Enhancement: A Literature Review
- Highly Adaptive Learning Systems: Research in Seven Redesigned High Schools in Alberta – Research Report
- Highly Adaptive Learning Systems: Research in Seven Redesigned High Schools in Alberta – Research Summary
- Learn Anytime, Anywhere: Rethinking How Students Earn Credit Beyond School Hours
- Moving Forward with High School Redesign Guiding Questions
- Student Engagement for Effective Teaching and Deep Learning
Moving Forward with High School Redesign
This initiative explores ways to create a more student-centred and responsive high school environment. Schools have implemented strategies and approaches aimed at transforming the high school experience for students and teachers through changes to one or more of these areas: school structure; school culture; school pedagogy and school leadership.